CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wisdom teeth

Here is my new story. On Christmas Eve I was trying to eat Christmas dinner and the right side of my mouth was killing me. I couldn't eat and that was a tragedy. So of course being around Christmas I couldnt get into the dentist. So the day after Christmas I made an appointment and got in immediately. After xrays and an examination they determined that I had an infection in my mouth around where my wisdom teeth had come through and the only way to get rid of it was to have them extracted. I was told to call an Oral Surgeon and make an appointment. I havent had wisdom teeth pulled for over 20 years and it was just the top two and at that time my dentist did it. Now I have to go to an Oral Surgeon for the extraction and they asked if I wanted to be sedated. Well duh. lol. So Tuesday I have a pre-op visit with the Oral Surgeon for cost and procedure processes the whole ball of wax. Im a little nervous about it because I am quite a bit older than i was when I had my top wisdom teeth taken out. Plus after all this is done and over with I need to go back to my regular dentist for a very indepth cleaning of my teeth. See I only go when there is a problem not regularly like I should. They say as you get older you get wiser. Only time will tell

6 comments:

Paula said...

Don't worry Misha, it's no big deal. I had my lower wisdom teeth taken out just a couple of years ago. I wasn't sedated though. Good luck!

Misha said...

Thanks Paula. That does help alot. :)

Lynette said...

Now that they put you out, it seems to be less of an ordeal. You feel almost normal in a couple of days.

Paula said...

Misha has this happened yet? How are you?

Paula said...

Today was the day! How are you feeling?

amyz said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! See my blog for details!